Charles records 15th double-double, Sun take down SkyAug 10, 2011 - 2:06 AM Connecticut Sun to a 69-58 victory over the Chicago Sky.
Kara Lawson added 14 points and six boards off the bench, and Asjha Jones contributed 12 points and five rebounds as the Sun remained a game behind first-place Indiana in the Eastern Conference.
Sylvia Fowles and Tamera Young both recorded double-doubles for the Sky with 19 points and 11 rebounds, and 10 points and 15 rebounds, respectively. It was the 14th time Fowles achieved the feat this season, trailing only Charles.
The Sky held a four-point lead after 10 minutes, but the Sun outscored Chicago by a count of 22-7 in the second quarter to take a lead they did not lose for the remainder of the contest.
- CHICAGO: 58
Aug 9 9:38 PM
- CHICAGO: 28
Aug 9 8:26 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 9 7:38 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3
- Connecticut Sun hire Curt Miller as new coach Dec 17
- AP source: Curt Miller to coach Connecticut Sun Dec 16
- Delle Donne unanimous choice for WNBA first team Oct 8
- Anne Donovan resigns as head coach of Connecticut Sun Oct 1
- Fever beat Sky 100-89, advance to Eastern Conference finals Sep 21