Greisen, Newton help Force edge BrigadeApr 5, 2008 - 4:16 AM ATLANTA (Ticker) -- Chris Greisen threw seven touchdowns passes and Cam Newton returned a pair of interceptions for scores as the Georgia Force held on for a 70-63 victory over the Kansas City Brigade on Friday.
Greisen snapped a 56-56 tie by tossing a 5-yard touchdown pass to Tiger Jones for a 63-56 lead with 5:05 left in the game.
Newton then picked off a pass from Duke Bryant and returned it 14 yards for a 70-56 lead with 3:35 left. Newton also returned an interception 45 yards for a TD which put Georgia (3-3) ahead, 42-35, with 10:09 remaining in the third.
Greisen finished 18-of-28 for 263 yards and Carl Morris had seven catches for 152 yards and four scores. Jones finished with seven catches for 77 yards and three TDs.
Jerel Myers had a monstrous game, hauling in 16 catches for 168 yards and four touchdowns for Kansas City (0-5). Bryant finished 31-of-45 for 332 yards and six touchdowns. He also ran for a score.
KANSAS CITY 63
GEORGIA 70 FINAL
Command 63, Force 70 FinalApr 4 10:21 PM
KANSAS CITY 42
GEORGIA 39 END, 3RD QTR
Command 42, Force 39 End of 3rdApr 4 9:37 PM
KANSAS CITY 35
GEORGIA 28 HALFTIME
Command 35, Force 28 HalfApr 4 9:01 PM
KANSAS CITY 21
GEORGIA 7 END, 1ST QTR
Command 21, Force 7 End of 1stApr 4 8:04 PM
- Philyaw, Gladiators top Force Jul 8
- Grieb, Saintil help Sabercats down Force Jun 22
- Dutton's throws three scores as Crush roll Jun 22
- Greisen fuels Force past Rush Jun 15
- Avengers sink Brigade with late touchdown Jun 15
- Burley, defense lead Rattlers past Brigade Jun 8
- Greisen leads Force to sixth straight win Jun 8
- Greisen's late score propels Force past Storm Jun 1
- Michna rallies Rush past Brigade Jun 1
- Force down VooDoo in low-scoring battle May 27
- Bryant's late TD toss helps Brigade top Soul May 23
- Greisen throws nine TD passes as Force slay Dragons May 18