Bryant carries Brigade to first victory of the seasonApr 20, 2008 - 1:22 AM KANSAS CITY (Ticker) -- D. Bryant threw four touchdown passes and added a rushing score as the Kansas City Brigade posted their first win of the season with Saturday's 55-53 victory over the Colorado Crush.
Bryant completed 16-of-28 passes for 235 yards, including a 47-yard insurance TD strike to Mike Horacek with 42 seconds left in the fourth quarter to make it 55-47.
Horacek had six catches for 115 yards and two scores and added a rushing touchdown for the Brigade (1-6), whose defense held the Crush to just 203 yards of total offense.
John Dutton went 23-of-39 for 191 yards and five touchdowns with two interceptions and Ben Nelson hauled in seven passes for 77 yards and two scores for Colorado (3-4).
- Grieb propels SaberCats past Crush Jul 5
- Dutton leads Crush over Blaze Jun 28
- Dutton's throws three scores as Crush roll Jun 22
- Dutton powers Crush past Rattlers Jun 17
- Avengers sink Brigade with late touchdown Jun 15
- Burley, defense lead Rattlers past Brigade Jun 8
- MacPherson sets team record as Rampage ambush Crush Jun 8
- Garcia leads Dragons past Crush Jun 3
- Michna rallies Rush past Brigade Jun 1
- Grieb's eight TDs help SaberCats down Crush May 25
- Bryant's late TD toss helps Brigade top Soul May 23
- Stafford leads Predators past Brigade May 18