Bryant leads Brigade to rare winMay 11, 2008 - 1:20 AM KANSAS CITY, Kansas (Ticker) -- D. Bryant threw for four touchdowns Saturday, leading the Kansas City Brigade to a 59-43 win over the Columbus Destroyers.
Bryant was 22-of-30 for 215 yards for the Brigade (2-8), who stopped their two-game slide. Cesare Manning led Kansas City with eight catches for 89 yards and a TD while Dawan Moss added two rushing scores.
Jerel Myers ran back a kickoff 56 yards for a touchdown and caught a TD pass of his own.
Matt Nagy finished 22-of-34 for 294 yards and five scores for the Destroyers (2-8), who lost their fourth straight game. C.J. Johnson paced Columbus with nine receptions for 127 yards and two TDs.
KANSAS CITY 59 FINAL
Destroyers 43, Command 59 FinalMay 10 9:07 PM
KANSAS CITY 42 END, 3RD QTR
Destroyers 28, Command 42 End of 3rdMay 10 8:04 PM
KANSAS CITY 28 HALFTIME
Destroyers 21, Command 28 HalfMay 10 7:17 PM
KANSAS CITY 14 END, 1ST QTR
Destroyers 7, Command 14 End of 1stMay 10 7:02 PM
- Philyaw fuels Gladiators past Destroyers Jun 22
- Dutton's throws three scores as Crush roll Jun 22
- MacPherson propels Rampage past Destroyers Jun 15
- Avengers sink Brigade with late touchdown Jun 15
- Burley, defense lead Rattlers past Brigade Jun 8
- Greisen leads Force to sixth straight win Jun 8
- Michna rallies Rush past Brigade Jun 1
- Wimprine vaults VooDoo past Destroyers May 31
- Nagy uses arm, legs to help Destroyers upend Dragons May 24
- Bryant's late TD toss helps Brigade top Soul May 23
- Stafford leads Predators past Brigade May 18
- D'Orazio throws six TD passes to lead Soul May 17