Germaine's six TD passes help Blaze top CrushMay 11, 2008 - 4:36 AM SALT LAKE CITY (Ticker) -- Joe Germaine threw six touchdown passes as the Utah Blaze cruised past the Colorado Crush, 71-36, on Saturday.
Germaine completed 25-of-33 attempts for 289 yards and J.J. McKelvey had nine catches for 89 yards and four touchdowns for Utah (2-9), which has won two straight after starting the season with nine straight losses.
After John Dutton tossed a six-yard scoring pass to Aaron Hosack to give Colorado a 14-10 lead at 13:05 of the second quarter, Germaine fired back with an eight-yard TD toss to McKelvey midway through the session to give the Blaze a 16-14 advantage - a lead they would not relinquish. Germaine tossed one more score before the half before firing three more after intermission.
Dutton went 29-of-43 for 298 yards, four touchdowns and an interception for the Crush (4-6), who are 0-3 all-time against Utah.
- Blaze name AFL veteran new coach Jan 26
- Grieb propels SaberCats past Crush Jul 5
- Dutton leads Crush over Blaze Jun 28
- Blaze conclude season on high note, stomp Rattlers Jun 22
- Dutton's throws three scores as Crush roll Jun 22
- Dutton powers Crush past Rattlers Jun 17
- Germaine sparks Blaze to win over Avengers Jun 10
- MacPherson sets team record as Rampage ambush Crush Jun 8
- Garcia leads Dragons past Crush Jun 3
- Germaine ignites Blaze past Rampage Jun 1
- Grieb's eight TDs help SaberCats down Crush May 25
- Videtich's last-second kick helps Blaze edge Rush May 25