Videtich's last-second kick helps Blaze edge RushMay 25, 2008 - 5:28 AM SALT LAKE CITY (Ticker) -- Joe Germaine threw five touchdown passes and Steve Videtich drilled the game-winning field goal with no time left as the Utah Blaze edged the Chicago Rush, 51-48, on Saturday.
Germaine completed 28-of-38 attempts for 233 yards for Utah (3-10), which has won three of four after dropping its first nine games of the season.
After Chicago quarterback Russ Michna threw a six-yard TD pass to Donovan Morgan with 43 seconds left to tie the game at 48-48, the Blaze used a four-play drive to put Videtich in position to boot an 18-yarder at the gun for Utah's third straight home win.
Michna went 17-of-30 for 206 yards, five touchdowns and an interception for the Rush (9-3), who suffered their first divisional and conference loss of the season.
- Blaze name AFL veteran new coach Jan 26
- MacPherson guides Rampage past Rush Jul 6
- Dutton leads Crush over Blaze Jun 28
- Rush stomp Desperados, clinch conference's No. 1 seed Jun 22
- Blaze conclude season on high note, stomp Rattlers Jun 22
- Greisen fuels Force past Rush Jun 15
- Germaine sparks Blaze to win over Avengers Jun 10
- Philyaw, Amey carry Gladiators past Rush Jun 8
- Germaine ignites Blaze past Rampage Jun 1
- Michna rallies Rush past Brigade Jun 1
- Rush clinch division with rout of Avengers May 20