Avengers sink Brigade with late touchdownJun 15, 2008 - 4:20 AM LOS ANGELES (Ticker) -- Timon Marshall scored on a 3-yard run with 34 seconds to play, lifting the Los Angeles Avengers to a 51-48 victory over the Kansas City Brigade on Saturday.
Sonny Cumbie threw for four touchdowns and 270 yards for Los Angeles, which twice had to rally from 11 points down. Marshall also had eight catches for 96 yards and a receiving touchdown for the Avengers (5-10).
Kansas City (3-12) had taken its final lead at 48-43 on Quincy Carter's 14-yard scoring pass to Mike Horacek with 7:01 left in the game.
Carter, a former starter with the Dallas Cowboys, finished 21-of-34 for 223 yards, four touchdown passes and one interception. He also ran for a touchdown.
KANSAS CITY 48
LOS ANGELES 51 FINAL
Command 48, KISS 51 FinalJun 14 9:12 PM
KANSAS CITY 38
LOS ANGELES 34 END, 3RD QTR
Command 38, KISS 34 End of 3rdJun 14 8:29 PM
KANSAS CITY 31
LOS ANGELES 20 HALFTIME
Command 31, KISS 20 HalfJun 14 7:48 PM
KANSAS CITY 7
LOS ANGELES 10 END, 1ST QTR
Command 7, KISS 10 End of 1stJun 14 7:01 PM
- Dutton's throws three scores as Crush roll Jun 22
- Dietz guides Storm to win over Avengers Jun 22
- Germaine sparks Blaze to win over Avengers Jun 10
- Burley, defense lead Rattlers past Brigade Jun 8
- Grieb sends SaberCats past Avengers Jun 1
- Michna rallies Rush past Brigade Jun 1
- Bryant's late TD toss helps Brigade top Soul May 23
- Rush clinch division with rout of Avengers May 20
- Stafford leads Predators past Brigade May 18
- Dragons squander lead, rally past Avengers May 11
- Bryant leads Brigade to rare win May 10