Florida A&M edges Georgia State 60-58Dec 14, 2009 - 12:39 AM TALLAHASSEE, Fla.(AP) -- Rasheem Jenkins sank two free throws in the final 19 seconds and Florida A&M beat Georgia State 60-58 on Sunday for its first win of the season.
With the score tied at 58-58, Jenkins hit the second of two free throws with 19 seconds remaining to give the Rattlers (1-10) a one-point lead. The Panthers (5-5) missed two shots and were forced to foul Jenkins with 0.8 seconds to go. Jenkins hit one free throw for the final margin.
Larry Jackson led the Rattlers with 16 points and Brandon Bryant added 13 points.
Xavier Hansbro and Trae Golden each scored 14 points to lead the Panthers.
Georgia State trailed until a 15-6 run - capped by a 3-pointer by Jihad Ali - gave the Panthers a 49-48 lead with 8:08 to play. The lead changed hands twice down the stretch before Bryant tied the game at 58 on two free throws with 1:53 to play.
- NCAA BB
GEORGIA ST 58
FLORIDA A&M 60 FINAL
Dec 13 6:00 PM
- NCAA BB
GEORGIA ST 26
FLORIDA A&M 33 HALFTIME
Dec 13 4:47 PM
- Florida A&M holds off Thomas (Ga.) 70-68 behind Bernard Nov 19
- Georgia State's R.J. Hunter to enter NBA Draft Mar 30
- Xavier downs Georgia State, reaches Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Panthers seek another upset in clash with Musketeers Mar 21
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- Georgia State coach injured in celebration Mar 15
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- Georgia State's Thomas declared ineligible Dec 8
- Morris, No. 14 Iowa State rout Georgia State Nov 17
- Cyclones host Panthers in CBE Hall of Fame Classic Nov 17