Oakland, Mich. beats Wisconsin-Green Bay 76-52Dec 14, 2009 - 12:43 AM ROCHESTER, Mich.(AP) -- Keith Benson finished with 23 points, 18 rebounds and six blocked shots as Oakland, Mich., defeated Wisconsin-Green Bay 76-52 Sunday.
The Phoenix (9-3) were coming off an overtime upset of No. 20 Wisconsin and had won five straight but were missing leading-scorer Rahmon Fletcher due to injury.
Larry Wright added 18 points and Derick Nelson 15 for the Golden Grizzlies (5-5).
Oakland led 32-29 at halftime and seized control of the game early in the second half with a 15-2 run which pushed its lead to 53-33 with 11:55 remaining.
The Grizzlies finished with a 40-29 rebounding advantage and attempted 24 free throws to nine for the Phoenix, which recorded its lowest point total and shooting percentage (34.5) of the season.
Troy Cotton scored led Green Bay with 12 points while Bryquis Perine added 10.
- Oakland University agrees to 3-year, $864K deal with Kampe Apr 11
- Oakland U's Kay Felder hires agent, will stay in draft Apr 8
- Oakland's Felder declares for draft, has not hired agent Apr 5
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Green Bay announcer says game ejection was misunderstanding Mar 9
- Green Bay pulls away from Morehead State in 2nd half, 78-72 Dec 28
- Oakland beats Robert Morris 92-74 behind Hooper Dec 5
- Valpo comes back to beat Green Bay in Horizon final Mar 10
- Crusaders clash with Phoenix for Horizon League crown Mar 10
- Wells helps No. 15 Maryland beat Oakland Dec 27
- Terps close out non-conference slate against Grizzlies Dec 27
- No. 3 Arizona routs Oakland Dec 17