Martin leads Wagner past Jackson State 71-62Dec 23, 2009 - 3:06 AM LAS VEGAS(AP) -- Chris Martin scored a game-high 27 points to lead Wagner over Jackson State 71-62 in the third round of the Las Vegas Classic on Tuesday night.
Martin, who had three steals, was 11 of 12 from the free-throw line. Ryan Conrad added 13 points for the Seahawks (2-9).
Tyrone Hanson led Jackson State (0-10) with 19 points and six rebounds. Rod Melvin had 10 points for the Tigers.
Wagner led for most of the first half and took a 33-27 halftime lead. The Seahawks pulled away in the second half, building three 13-point leads.
Both teams play on Wednesday afternoon in the final round. This was Wagner's first win of the four-game tournament.
- Top-seeded Wagner tops Robert Morris 59-50 in NEC tourney Mar 2
- Wagner beats Robert Morris 62-54 behind Carey Feb 27
- Wagner edges Robert Morris 72-69 Jan 4
- Memphis outlasts Jackson State Dec 28
- Jackson State seeks upset of No. 17 Memphis Dec 28
- Brent takes over as new Jackson State coach Mar 25
- No. 8 Syracuse downs Wagner in home opener Nov 18
- Wagner takes on No. 8 Syracuse Nov 18
- Baylor eases past Jackson State Nov 11
- Jackson State battles No. 19 Baylor Nov 11
- Bashir Mason takes over Wagner hoops Mar 26
- Hurley leaving Wagner for Rhode Island Mar 20