Brown defeats Kean College 74-63Dec 29, 2009 - 3:16 AM PROVIDENCE, R.I.(AP) -- Matt Mullery scored 17 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to help Brown defeat Kean College 74-63 on Monday night.
Adrian Williams shot 5 of 7 from 3-point range and added 17 points for the Bears (5-7), who snapped a four-game losing streak. Peter Sullivan added 14 points and Matt Sullivan chipped in with 11 points and six rebounds.
Brown led 61-58 with 4:05 to play before Peter Sullivan and Mullery each hit layups to give the Bears a 65-58 lead with 3:16 remaining to pull away.
Brown opened the game with an 18-4 advantage and led by as many as 17, 38-21, on Williams' 3-pointer with 2:09 left in the first half.
The Cougars (3-6) outscored the Bears 14-3 to open the second half, pulling within 42-41 on Jonathan Jones' layup with 15:15 to play.
Jones led Division III Kean College with 15 points and 13 rebounds. Vinnie Darpino also scored 15 for the Cougars.
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown back for No. 10 SMU Jan 11
- Larry Brown not on No. 15 SMU bench after halftime Jan 10
- SMU's Brown set for return after 9-game NCAA suspension Dec 21
- SMU opener marks start of Larry Brown's NCAA suspension Nov 12
- Auburn freshman guard Bryce Brown suspended for opener Nov 12
- Cal freshmen stars Brown, Rabb focused on school first Oct 29
- Top recruit Jaylen Brown picks Cal May 1
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6
- Elijah Brown leaving Butler Apr 18
- Missouri's Brown to become eligible for NBA Draft Apr 2