Chattanooga beats The Citadel 56-54 on last shotJan 15, 2010 - 2:31 AM CHATTANOOGA, Tenn.(AP) -- Keegan Bell hit a 3-pointer in the game's final second, sending Chattanooga to a 56-54 win over The Citadel on Thursday night.
The Mocs led The Citadel for the entire game until the Bulldogs put together a 5-0 run during a 2-minute span, taking a 54-53 lead on Cameron Wells' layup with 1:01 left. Wells also went 2-for-2 from the free throw line during the spree.
But, after Zach Urbanus missed a 3-pointer to extend The Citadel's lead, Wells missed a layup with 3 seconds left that would have sealed it for The Citadel. Chattanooga then came out of a timeout, got Bell the ball and he nailed his shot for the win.
Bell and Ricky Taylor scored 11 points apiece to lead the Mocs (11-6, 3-1 Southern Conference), who increased their season-high winning streak to six games.
Wells finished with 28 points, six rebounds, three steals and a block to lead The Citadel (8-9, 2-3).
- NCAA BB
THE CITADEL 57
CHATTANOOGA 53 FINAL
Jan 14 8:52 PM
- NCAA BB
THE CITADEL 27
CHATTANOOGA 35 HALFTIME
Jan 14 7:48 PM
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- Spartans seek redemption in clash with Bulldogs Dec 22
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin entertains Chattanooga Nov 16
- Chattanooga extends Foster through 2018-19 Jun 5
- Davidson vs. Citadel moved to Monday due to storm Feb 11
- Adams leads UCLA past Chattanooga Nov 25
- Mocs seek upset of 22nd-ranked Bruins Nov 24
- Chattanooga selects Wade as new men's hoops coach May 13
- Chattanooga tabs Foster as next women's basketball coach May 9