Mississippi Valley State beats Alcorn State 80-70Jan 17, 2010 - 3:59 AM ITTA BENA, Miss.(AP) -- Orlando Smith came off the bench to get 14 points and eight rebounds, and Shannon Behling had 11 points and 11 rebounds for his third double-double of the season as Mississippi Valley State defeated Alcorn State 80-70 on Saturday.
Kevin Burwell added 11 points and six assists and Julius Cheeks had 10 points and four assists for the Delta Devils (3-14, 2-2 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who never trailed and led by as many as 19 points in the first half and 21 in the second.
Johnathan Boyd scored 19 points for the Braves (0-17, 0-4), including five 3-pointers in 14 attempts, and Ian Francis had 16 points.
Alcorn's JaMarkus Holt, the SWAC's leading rebounder, got 13 points and 13 rebounds, but the Delta Devils had a 47-34 advantage on the boards for the game.
- Robert Morris hangs on for 67-64 win over MVSU Nov 28
- No. 9 Iowa State crushes Mississippi Valley Dec 31
- Cyclones go in search of two milestone wins Dec 31
- Taylor leads Texas rout of Alcorn State Nov 17
- Braves face tall task in clash with 10th-ranked Longhorns Nov 16
- Payne named Mississippi Valley men's basketball coach Jul 11
- Oklahoma State routs MVSU Nov 9
- Cowboys set sights on Delta Devils in season opener Nov 8
- Fair helps No. 9 Syracuse top Alcorn State Dec 29
- Orange battle Braves in Gotham Classic action Dec 29
- Pressey, Missouri rout Alcorn State Nov 14
- No. 24 Cincy crushes MVSU Nov 14