Saint Louis beats Fordham 75-48Jan 21, 2010 - 3:14 AM By R.B. FALLSTROM AP Sports Writer
ST. LOUIS(AP) -- Freshman Cody Ellis had 14 points and nine rebounds in his first career start, helping Saint Louis put away Fordham 75-48 on Wednesday night.
Kwamain Mitchell added 13 points and five assists with no turnovers for Saint Louis (12-6, 3-1 Atlantic-10), which held Fordham (2-15, 0-5) to 33 percent shooting and forced 20 turnovers. Ellis, from Perth, Australia, was cleared by the NCAA earlier this month and was 3 for 3 on 3-pointers in the first half and 4 for 8 overall.
Saint Louis outscored Fordham 18-6 in the last seven minutes of the first half and 18-5 over the first 7:30 minutes after half for a 60-29 cushion. The Billikens are 25-4 at the 2-year-old Chaifetz Arena and 5-1 against Fordham.
Lance Brown had 15 points and eight rebounds for Fordham, which has lost 10 in a row with all but one by double figures. Chris Gaston added 10 points and seven rebounds.
- NCAA BB
SAINT LOUIS 75 FINAL
Jan 20 9:54 PM
- NCAA BB
SAINT LOUIS 42 HALFTIME
Jan 20 8:53 PM
- Balanced Fordham defeats Fairleigh Dickinson 85-62 Nov 21
- Fordham hires EKU's Neubauer as coach Mar 30
- Pecora fired at Fordham Mar 18
- Graham leads VCU's rout of Saint Louis Feb 18
- Saint Louis comes calling on No. 25 VCU Feb 17
- No. 16 VCU holds off Saint Louis with last-second shot Jan 23
- Billikens battle 16th-ranked Rams in A-10 action Jan 23
- Jordan, Harrison lead St. John's past Fordham Dec 14
- Red Storm and Rams meet in MSG Holiday Festival Dec 14
- Wichita State routs Saint Louis Dec 7
- Eighth-ranked Shockers set sights on Billikens Dec 6
- Louisville reaches Sweet 16 with win over Saint Louis Mar 22