Gentry, South Dakota edge Texas-Pan American 72-71Jan 31, 2010 - 12:51 AM EDINBURG, Texas(AP) -- Roman Gentry grabbed an offensive rebound and put it back up for the game-winner with 3 seconds left as South Dakota escaped with a 72-71 victory over Texas-Pan American on Saturday.
Gentry's shot gave the Coyotes (12-9, 4-1) their first lead since going ahead 7-6 with 18:07 left in the first half. His 19 points led the Coyotes, who won their third in a row.
Louie Krogman scored 13 points and Jordan Boots 12 for South Dakota. Tyler Cain had game highs of nine rebounds and five assists.
Aaron Urbanus nailed 9 of 13 shots, including 5 of 6 from 3-point range, and had 25 points for the Broncs (3-20, 2-2), who lost their fourth straight. Jared Maree added 13 points and Julius Hearn 11.
Texas-Pan American rode 55.2 percent first-half shooting to its largest lead, 51-35 at halftime. But 9-for-32 marksmanship in the second half doomed the Broncs.
- NCAA BB
SOUTH DAKOTA 72
TX PAN AMERICAN 71 FINAL
Jan 30 7:24 PM
- NCAA BB
SOUTH DAKOTA 35
TX PAN AMERICAN 51 HALFTIME
Jan 30 6:24 PM
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- South Dakota takes down Florida Gulf Coast 89-81 in OT Dec 28
- South Dakota names James interim coach Sep 7
- South Dakota's Tecker to miss senior season Apr 16
- Hipsher to take over at UT-Pan American Apr 4
- No. 25 KSU turns it on late, beats South Dakota Dec 31
- South Dakota comes calling on Kansas State Dec 31
- No. 19 Gonzaga thumps South Dakota Nov 18
- Coyotes hoping to knock off 19th-ranked Zags Nov 18
- Texas-Pan American suspends five players Jan 21
- Ohio State dominates Texas-Pan American Dec 3
- Broncs face tall task in bout with Buckeyes Dec 3