Lamar defeats UTSA 64-57Jan 31, 2010 - 3:27 AM SAN ANTONIO(AP) -- Justin Nabors had 16 points and 14 rebounds and Lamar held off UTSA 64-57 Saturday night.
Anthony Miles had 19 points to lead the Cardinals (11-11, 3-4 Southland) and Charlie Harper added 10.
Morris Smith IV led all scorers with 19 for UTSA (12-7, 2-4). No other Roadrunner was in double figures, but three players had nine points.
Lamar outrebounded UTSA 38-26, but never led by more than eight points and the game was still close in the final minute. Lamar led 59-57 after Demarco Stepter scored for the Roadrunners with 25 seconds to play. Miles made the first of two free throws, Coy Custer scored off Miles' miss on the second one, and Miles later made two more free throws for the final margin.
- Oklahoma assistant Steve Henson hired as UTSA head coach Apr 1
- Texas-San Antonio fires basketball coach Brooks Thompson Mar 10
- Elmore scores 23 with 7 treys as Marshall beats UTSA 109-91 Feb 6
- Loyola of Chicago pulls away from UTSA in 76-64 win Nov 14
- No. 20 Iowa State pulls away to rout Lamar Dec 2
- Cyclones seek redemption in clash with Cardinals Dec 2
- No. 22 SMU routs Lamar in opener Nov 15
- 22nd-ranked Mustangs begin season against Cardinals Nov 14
- Lamar axes Pat Knight Feb 16
- UTSA extends Thompson through 2016-17 Jul 26
- Vermont downs Lamar, joins field of 64 Mar 14
- Vermont battles Lamar in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 14