Radford runs past VMI 111-84Feb 3, 2010 - 2:22 AM LEXINGTON, Va.(AP) -- Art Parakhouski had 30 points and a school-record 22 rebounds to lead Radford to a 111-84 victory over Virginia Military Institute on Tuesday night.
Parakhouski surpassed 1,000 career points in his 55th game and had the first 30-point, 20-rebound game in school history as the Highlanders (12-10, 8-4 Big South Conference) swept VMI this season.
Lazar Trifunovic added 27 points and 12 rebounds and Joey Lynch-Flohr added 13 and 13 for Radford, which outrebounded VMI 62-36.
The Highlanders led 55-44 at halftime and built a 67-50 margin on Amir Johnson's 3-pointer with 17:11 to play. Radford led 71-51 with 15:47 left.
Radford shot 57.9 percent from the field (44-for-76) and 56.3 percent from the 3-point line (9-for-16).
Johnson finished with 17 points.
Michael Sparks scored 19, Austin Kenon had 18, Ron Burks added 17 and Stan Okoye had 12 for VMI (7-14, 2-9).
- Samford tops VMI in OT, 92-85, advances in SoCon tourney Mar 4
- VMI introduces Earl as new men's hoops coach Apr 13
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- No. 21 West Virginia routs VMI Nov 27
- Mountaineers continue run against Keydets Nov 26
- Asheville downs VMI for 2nd straight Big South title Mar 3
- Keydets and Bulldogs meet in Big South title tilt Mar 3
- NCAA punishes Radford for violations Feb 24
- Pittsburgh dominates VMI Dec 6
- Panthers and Keydets square off in Pittsburgh Dec 6
- Buford, No. 3 Ohio State handle VMI Nov 23
- Kentucky rolls over Radford Nov 23