Quinnipiac cruises past Sacred Heart 86-71Feb 5, 2010 - 2:47 AM FAIRFIELD, Conn.(AP) -- James Feldeine scored 27 points and Justin Rutty had a double-double to lead Quinnipiac to an 86-71 win over Sacred Heart on Thursday night.
Rutty finished with 22 points and 10 rebounds - six offensive - for the Bobcats (15-7, 9-2 Northeast Conference), who bounced back from a 61-56 loss to Mount St. Mary's on Jan. 30. Before the loss, Quinnipiac had won eight games in a row.
Jonathan Cruz also had a double-double with 11 points and 11 rebounds for the Bobcats.
Quinnipiac cruised past the Pioneers (12-10, 5-6), taking a 33-16 lead with 4:38 left in the first half on Dave Johnson's layup. The Bobcats, who shot 60 percent from the field, didn't let their lead fall below 12 points in the second half.
Ryan Litke led the Pioneers with 19 points on 6 of 15 from the floor and five 3-pointers. Liam Potter finished with 15 points.
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Sacred Heart 73-63 Feb 25
- Sacred Heart rallies to beat Robert Morris 69-65 Jan 2
- Russell leads No. 20 Ohio State in rout of Sacred Heart Nov 23
- Buckeyes play host to Pioneers Nov 23
- Iona-Quinnipiac hoops game postponed Jan 2
- Napier, UConn down Quinnipiac in 2-OT Nov 19
- Huskies and Bobcats meet in Paradise Jam semifinals Nov 18
- Quinnipiac extends Moore through 2016-17 season Jul 11
- Quinnipiac extends Moore through 2015-16 season Jul 18
- Quinnipiac's Moore receives contract extension Apr 29
- Hokies beat Quinnipiac 81-61 in 1st round of NIT Mar 17
- Robert Morris 52, Quinnipiac 50 Mar 10