Northeastern defeats Hofstra 75-55Feb 6, 2010 - 11:25 PM HEMPSTEAD, N.Y.(AP) -- Matt Janning scored 17 points to lead Northeastern to a 75-55 win over Hofstra on Saturday.
Chaisson Allen added 16 points for the Huskies (16-8, 11-2 Colonial Athletic Association), who have won three games in a row. Manny Adako added 14 points.
Hofstra led 32-30 at halftime, but was outplayed in the second half. Northeastern opened the second period with a 20-3 run to take a 50-35 lead with 11:14 remaining. The Pride never recovered and would go on to trail by as many as 23 points.
Charles Jenkins scored 14 points to lead Hofstra (12-13, 5-8), which saw a three-game win streak snapped. Greg Washington chipped in with 10 rebounds.
Northeastern shot 57.1 percent from the field in the second half (12-for-21), and outscored Hofstra 45-23 in the period.
Hofstra shot 25 percent in the second half (7-for-28).
- Hofstra, Mihalich agree to extension Apr 29
- Hofstra's Nichols to miss rest of season Jan 26
- Hofstra's rise close to being complete Oct 22
- Hofstra coach Mihalich agrees to extension Jun 1
- Irish survive upset bid in NCAA opener Mar 19
- Midwest Regional action pits Irish against Huskies Mar 19
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- SMU-Hofstra game postponed Dec 6
- Louisville breezes past Hofstra Nov 12
- Pride come calling on third-ranked Cardinals Nov 12
- Hofstra hires Mihalich Apr 10