Jackson State routs Alcorn State 85-64Feb 7, 2010 - 2:12 AM JACKSON, Miss.(AP) -- Garrison Johnson scored 27 points and Jackson State defeated Alcorn State 85-64 on Saturday night.
Johnson, last week's SWAC player of the week, has scored in double figures in 12 straight games and reached the 1,000-point mark for his career last week.
De'Suan Dixon scored 15 points and Tyrone Hanson added 10 for the Tigers (11-11, 9-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who have won five in a row and 10 of their past 11.
The Tigers jumped out to a 25-8 lead and were never challenged. A layup by Christian Williams gave the Tigers their biggest lead at 70-34 with 12:20 remaining.
Jackson State shot 45.6 percent (26-for-57) and outrebounded Alcorn State 47-33. The win completes a season sweep in the series for the Tigers, who beat the Braves 63-51 on Jan. 27.
Brandon Rogers was the only player in double figures for Alcorn State (0-23, 0-10) with 13 points.
- Taylor leads Texas rout of Alcorn State Nov 17
- Braves face tall task in clash with 10th-ranked Longhorns Nov 16
- Memphis outlasts Jackson State Dec 28
- Jackson State seeks upset of No. 17 Memphis Dec 28
- Brent takes over as new Jackson State coach Mar 25
- Fair helps No. 9 Syracuse top Alcorn State Dec 29
- Orange battle Braves in Gotham Classic action Dec 29
- Pressey, Missouri rout Alcorn State Nov 14
- No. 14 Tigers set to pounce on Braves Nov 13
- Baylor eases past Jackson State Nov 11
- Jackson State battles No. 19 Baylor Nov 11
- Texas A&M handles Alcorn State Dec 1