The Citadel beats Chattanooga 68-60Feb 7, 2010 - 3:05 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Zach Urbanus scored 24 points, hitting seven 3-pointers, and Cameron Wells had a double-double to lead The Citadel to a 68-60 win over Chattanooga on Saturday night.
Wells, who made 8 of 11 free throws, finished with 11 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists for the Bulldogs (12-12, 6-8 Southern Conference), who ended a three-game losing streak. Austin Dahn had 11 points.
The Citadel, which never trailed in the second half, took a 49-40 lead on Dahn's 3-pointer with 8:49 to play. The Mocs (13-12, 5-7) cut the Bulldogs' margin to one with 4:52 left on two free throws by Chris Early, who had 10 points.
But The Citadel withstood Chattanooga's attempted rally, pushing its lead to 61-53 on Bo Holston's three-point play with 2:46 left to help the Bulldogs pull away.
Ty Patterson led the Mocs with 19 points and six rebounds. Ridge McKeither had 13 points and 18 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
THE CITADEL 68 FINAL
Feb 6 9:06 PM
- NCAA BB
THE CITADEL 28 HALFTIME
Feb 6 8:03 PM
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- Spartans seek redemption in clash with Bulldogs Dec 22
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin entertains Chattanooga Nov 16
- Chattanooga extends Foster through 2018-19 Jun 5
- Davidson vs. Citadel moved to Monday due to storm Feb 11
- Adams leads UCLA past Chattanooga Nov 25
- Mocs seek upset of 22nd-ranked Bruins Nov 24
- Chattanooga selects Wade as new men's hoops coach May 13
- Chattanooga tabs Foster as next women's basketball coach May 9