Brown's hot shooting sinks Dartmouth, 75-60Feb 13, 2010 - 2:47 AM PROVIDENCE, R.I.(AP) -- Peter Sullivan notched a double-double, scoring 23 points and pulling down 11 rebounds, to lead Brown in a 75-60 win against Dartmouth on Friday night.
Sullivan was also 14-for-16 from the free throw line for the Bears (8-16, 2-5 Ivy League), who finished 33-for-37 from the stripe in the game (89.2 percent). The Big Green were 12-for-19 on foul shots (63.2 percent).
The Bears also connected on 8 of 16 3-pointers (50 percent) compared to the Big Green, who missed all seven of their shots from long range.
Matt Mullery added 17 points, Garrett Leffelman had 14 and Tucker Halpern chipped in 10 for the Bears. Leffelman was 4-for-4 from beyond the arc.
Dartmouth jumped out to a 6-0 lead to open the game but Brown responded with an 11-0 run, capped by two Leffelman 3s, and never trailed again.
Matt LaBove scored 12 points for Dartmouth (4-17, 0-7).
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown back for No. 10 SMU Jan 11
- Larry Brown not on No. 15 SMU bench after halftime Jan 10
- SMU's Brown set for return after 9-game NCAA suspension Dec 21
- SMU opener marks start of Larry Brown's NCAA suspension Nov 12
- Auburn freshman guard Bryce Brown suspended for opener Nov 12
- Cal freshmen stars Brown, Rabb focused on school first Oct 29
- Top recruit Jaylen Brown picks Cal May 1
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6
- Elijah Brown leaving Butler Apr 18
- Missouri's Brown to become eligible for NBA Draft Apr 2