Long leads George Mason over Hofstra 90-72Jan 20, 2010 - 2:44 AM HEMPSTEAD, N.Y.(AP) -- Cam Long scored a career-high 27 points and George Mason defeated Hofstra 90-72 on Tuesday night for the Patriots' fourth win in a row.
Long was 8-for-11 from the field, including 4-for-5 from 3-point range, and made 5 of 7 free throws. He also had seven assists, four rebounds, a steal and a blocked shot as the Patriots (12-7, 7-1 Colonial Athletic Association) won back-to-back road games for the first time this season.
Ryan Pearson added 19 points and Andre Cornelius had 18 for George Mason, which hit 30 of 54 field goals (55.6 percent).
Hofstra (9-11, 2-6), which extended its losing skid to four games, also lost at George Mason 67-63 on Jan. 4.
The Pride pulled within nine points on five occasions in the second half, but could get no closer.
Charles Jenkins, the CAA scoring leader, paced Hofstra with 26 points and Chaz Williams tied his career high with 20.
- Hofstra, Mihalich agree to extension Apr 29
- Hofstra's Nichols to miss rest of season Jan 26
- George Mason senior Patrick Holloway suspended for 6 games Nov 10
- Hofstra's rise close to being complete Oct 22
- Hofstra coach Mihalich agrees to extension Jun 1
- George Mason hires Bucknell's Paulsen as coach Mar 30
- George Mason dismisses Paul Hewitt Mar 16
- Short-handed VCU handles George Mason Feb 5
- George Mason entertains No. 18 Virginia Commonwealth Feb 4
- Oklahoma downs George Mason Dec 31
- 18th-ranked Sooners play host to Patriots Dec 31
- No. 10 St. Louis holds off pesky George Mason in OT Feb 20