Quinnipiac defeats Brown 88-75Jan 12, 2010 - 3:35 AM HAMDEN, Conn.(AP) -- Justin Rutty scored 25 points and Quinnipiac defeated Brown 88-75 on Monday night.
Rutty, who was 11 of 20 from the field, paced four Bobcats (9-6) in double figures. James Feldeine added 19 points, Deontay Twyman 13 and James Johnson 12 for Quinnipiac.
Trailing 11-9 with 14:27 left in the first half, the Bobcats went on a 29-15 run. Twyman capped the run on a layup for a 38-26 lead with 5:49 to go until halftime.
Quinnipiac led by as many as 23, 63-40, with 14:32 to play on a layup by Jonathan Cruz. But Brown (6-11) went on a 25-6 run to pull within 69-65 on Tucker Halpern's 3-pointer with 9:07 to go. The Bobcats responded with a 9-2 run to lead 78-67 on Dave Johnson's jump shot with 6:28 remaining.
Halpern scored 26 points and Peter Sullivan added 22 for the Bears, who gave up 58 points in the paint.
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown back for No. 10 SMU Jan 11
- Larry Brown not on No. 15 SMU bench after halftime Jan 10
- SMU's Brown set for return after 9-game NCAA suspension Dec 21
- SMU opener marks start of Larry Brown's NCAA suspension Nov 12
- Auburn freshman guard Bryce Brown suspended for opener Nov 12
- Cal freshmen stars Brown, Rabb focused on school first Oct 29
- Top recruit Jaylen Brown picks Cal May 1
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6
- Elijah Brown leaving Butler Apr 18
- Missouri's Brown to become eligible for NBA Draft Apr 2