Harris' double-double leads Xavier over TempleJan 10, 2010 - 10:35 PM CINCINNATI(AP) -- Amber Harris scored 20 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to lead Xavier to an 82-69 win over Temple on Sunday in the Atlantic-10 opener for both teams.
It was the third straight double-double for Harris, who sat out most of last season with a knee injury.
Tyeasha Moss added a career-high 20 points, making all five of her 3-pointers. Ta'Shia Phillips had 17 points and nine rebounds for Xavier (11-3).
Kristen McCarthy led all scorers with a career-high 28 points, including five of six from behind the arc for Temple (10-5). The Owls made a season-high 13 3's. Shaqwedia Wallace made four of five 3-pointers and scored 16 points and BJ Williams scored 12 for the Owls.
Xavier went on a 24-8 run over the last eight minutes and made eight of 12 shots from behind the arc to build a 46-28 halftime lead.
Temple lost its third straight game to a ranked team, falling to No. 9 Duke, No. 13 Florida State, and now Xavier. The Owls have lost four of its last five after a 9-1 start.
- No. 21 South Florida women top Temple 76-62 for 2nd in AAC Feb 27
- 5 overtimes! Memphis women outlast Temple 100-97 Feb 19
- UConn women win 61st straight, topping Temple 85-60 Feb 14
- No. 23 DePaul women beat Xavier 82-52 Feb 12
- Covile gives Temple women 68-66 upset of No. 19 USF Feb 6
- Stewart lifts No. 1 UConn to 104-49 rout of Temple Jan 16
- No. 13 Florida State women roll to 75-47 victory over Temple Dec 6
- No. 4 Cardinals outlast Owls Feb 13
- UConn stays undefeated as Stewart lights up Temple Jan 28
- No. 1 Huskies maul Owls Jan 11
- Taylor lifts No. 7 Louisville over Temple Jan 1
- Louisville advances to Sweet 16 Mar 23