Duke slips past Kentucky in top-10 matchupJan 5, 2011 - 2:38 AM Durham, NC (Sports Network) - Jasmine Thomas dropped 24 points to help No. 3 Duke remain undefeated with a 54-48 win over 10th-ranked Kentucky at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
Chelsea Gray posted 11 points, while Allison Vernerey grabbed 10 rebounds and netted four points for the Blue Devils (14-0).
Victoria Dunlap notched 10 points and six rebounds while Keyla Snowden led the Wildcats (11-2) with 15 points. The loss snapped a six-game win streak for Kentucky.
Duke used an 8-0 run during the final two minutes of the opening half to take a 31-22 lead into the break.
Kentucky, however, would not fade away in the second half. The game was tied at 35 after Snowden hit a three pointer.
The two teams went back and forth the rest of the way until the Blue Devils pulled away during the final 38 seconds with the combination of a Gray jumper and Thomas' strong 4-of-6 effort from the foul line.
- KENTUCKY: 48
Jan 4 9:06 PM
- KENTUCKY: 22
Jan 4 7:51 PM
- KENTUCKY: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 4 7:04 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21