Houts leads Georgia past TempleNov 17, 2007 - 3:51 AM ATHENS, Georgia (Ticker) -- Ashley Houts scored 12 points and Angel Robinson scored 11 as No. 10 Georgia posted a 57-51 victory over Temple on Friday.
Tasha Humphrey scored 10 points and grabbed 13 rebounds for the Lady Bulldogs (4-0), who had beaten their previous three opponents by an average margin of 31.6 points
Houts, the reigning Southeastern Conference Freshman of the Year, was 4-of-11 from the field for Georgia, which led by nine at halftime and won despite shooting 31 percent (20-of-65), including 3-of-16 from the arc.
Ashley Morris scored 21 points and LaKeisha Eaddy added 11 and eight rebounds for the Owls (1-1) who suffered their first loss after an 83-45 victory over Central Michigan on Monday.
Temple shot just 30 percent (20-of-67).
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20
- Indiana-Georgia Preview Mar 18
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- DeShields bounces back, helps Lady Vols rip Georgia 80-60 Feb 28
- No. 21 South Florida women top Temple 76-62 for 2nd in AAC Feb 27
- Georgia senior Barbee has surgery for season-ending injury Feb 23
- Georgia women knock off No. 22 Florida 74-63 Feb 21
- 5 overtimes! Memphis women outlast Temple 100-97 Feb 19
- Mitchell scores 19, leads SEC champ No. 3 Gamecocks to win Feb 18
- UConn women win 61st straight, topping Temple 85-60 Feb 14
- Covile gives Temple women 68-66 upset of No. 19 USF Feb 6