Charles leads Sun to bounce back victoryJun 12, 2011 - 9:30 PM Uncasville, CT (Sports Network) - Tina Charles poured in 19 points to lead the Connecticut Sun past the Tulsa Shock, 90-79, in a showdown from Mohegan Sun Arena.
Charles, the reigning rookie of the year, also contributed eight boards as the Sun bounced back from Friday's 78-75 loss to Chicago. Kara Lawson aided Charles to the tune of 17 points, while Ashja Jones and Renee Montgomery chipped in 16 and 15 points, respectively.
The winless Shock, which is off to the franchise's worst start since opening 0-13 nine years ago, was paced valiantly by Ivory Latta's 26 points, which came on 11-of-14 shooting. Liz Cambage finished with 16 points, but had just two rebounds from her center position, while Kayla Pedersen tallied 15 points and five assists.
The Sun never trailed in the contest and saw its lead balloon to as many as 15 during a dominant second half. Over the final two quarters, the Sun shot a blazing 55.6 percent from the floor to record the decisive victory.
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3