Sun outshines SkyJun 19, 2011 - 7:40 PM Uncasville, CT (Sports Network) - Tina Charles posted game-highs of 31 points and 12 rebounds to lead Connecticut past Chicago, 83-68.
Kara Lawson and Asjha Jones contributed 13 and 12 points, respectively, to the Sun's fourth win in five games to start off 2011.
Sylvia Fowles turned in 23 points and 10 boards as the Sky fell to 3-2. Epiphanny Prince tallied 18 points with four steals in the setback.
Connecticut, which shot 5-for-11 from long distance, got separation in the second quarter, outscoring Chicago 26-14 and taking a 48-33 margin to the break.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3
- Connecticut Sun hire Curt Miller as new coach Dec 17
- AP source: Curt Miller to coach Connecticut Sun Dec 16
- Delle Donne unanimous choice for WNBA first team Oct 8
- Anne Donovan resigns as head coach of Connecticut Sun Oct 1
- Fever beat Sky 100-89, advance to Eastern Conference finals Sep 21