Sky down Shock in low-scoring affairJul 29, 2011 - 2:38 AM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - Sylvia Fowles scored 14 points and grabbed 10 boards to lead the Chicago Sky to a 64-55 victory over the Tulsa Shock.
Courtney Vandersloot added 12 points and Epiphanny Prince had 11 points while Michelle Snow pulled 11 boards and handed out five assists for the Sky, who halted a two-game skid.
Ivory Latta registered 20 points on 8-of-12 shooting but as a team the Shock, who have lost 11 straight, hit just 34.3 percent of their shots.
Tulsa held a 48-46 lead after allowing just seven points in the third quarter. The Shock, though, fell victim to the same fate, netting just seven points over the final 10 minutes of play on 3-of-14 shooting to suffer the loss.
- CHICAGO: 64
Jul 28 10:09 PM
- CHICAGO: 39
Jul 28 9:03 PM
- CHICAGO: 18
End of 1st
Jul 28 8:42 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 28 8:12 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- Adam Silver confident in WNBA, plans to be more involved Nov 5
- WNBA franchise in North Texas area to be called Dallas Wings Nov 2
- Glory Johnson gives birth to twins Oct 18